The indigenous microbial species found in a typical wastewater systems are often overwhelmed by system upsets. Harsh chemicals, disinfectants and chlorination will have a detrimental effect on microbial populations making systems less efficient. Sludge build-ups occur, tank deposits, back-ups, floating grease pads, fouled drain fields are just some of the problems encountered when microbial populations are not maintained at optimum levels.
Currently a lot of energy is spent in providing the dissolved oxygen to the generic microbes, without getting the desired results. Though it is known that the biodegradation is done by the biomass, very little attention is given to control the type of microbes that dominates the treatment system. It is not only how many microbes but also the type and functionality of the microbes that is very important in a sewage treatment plant. Varied chemical treatment approaches have been taken for remediation of sewage treatment plants and for clearing collection lines but they all have disadvantages. The solution for all these problems is by using advanced biotechnology developed by Universal Innovations. Biopristine STP is formulated to handle very diverse type of sewage, so that the effluent treatment plant works efficiently without any upsets.
Biopristine STP is available in dry concentrate formulations, specially designed to provide improved waste degradation in sewage treatment. Each gram of the product contains up to 4 billion microbes. There are up to 63 different strains of microbes in each gram of Biopristine STP, which can biodegrade very diverse types of pollutants and maintain an Odour free environment.
Benefits of Biopristine STP
• Up to 95% reduction in BOD & 90% reduction in COD load.
• Consist of various specialized digestive strains for organic waste degradation of even difficult to
• Can handle shock loads.
• Can handle hydraulic loads, thus saves cost on extra land requirement and capital cost for the new construction.
• Seeding a new STP with Biopristine STP reduces the commissioning time to a great extent, without any problems.
• Cultures grow in either the presence or absence of oxygen.
• Low treatment cost. Increases efficiency of the sewage treatment plant and saves energy costs.
• Odour control because of complete biodegradation of organic compounds.
• Generates minimum sludge as most of the waste is converted to carbon dioxide and water.
• Sewage treated with Biopristine STP can be reused for irrigation purposes or recharging ground water.
• Non-corrosive, non-pathogenic and low quantities of use, making it safe and easy to handle and store.
• Little or no design or process modifications required.
• Increases digestion rates and improves terminal flocculation.
• With a better understanding of the inhibitory factors which cause the desired microbial populations to diminish,
we address the cause of the problem, and then repopulate the system with Biopristine STP.